Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Yesterday I broke down...today is a new day

Yesterday I broke down and had a full slice of bread with a slathering of butter (I've talked about my butter weakness before). And it was store bought bread with added sugar, 12 grain, but that doesn't mean anything really. I have come to mistrust labels that make claims to having healthy grains. They just use nuances in the USDA guidelines to get past saying this is in no way good for you, we just changed the name to make you think you are getting something good for you and so you will buy it. Yes, I have become one of those people who is skeptical about every clam a food product makes. I have seen those documentaries about food and read a couple of books that pull the veil back the claims corporations make on their food products then they say it is up to the consumer to make appropriate choices. How are we supposed to do that when your marketing is programed to deceive!

Anyway, I am having a new day today. Hoping that little set back won't set me back. I am planning on being bad on Saturday (maybe Friday too). The annual Art's Center Wine and Cheese tasting is on Saturday and I plan on breaking the no alcohol rule of Phase I and drinking a lot of wine.


January 14, 2015
Normal breakfast - HB egg, 2 turkey bacon, cheese
2 cup tea
DC coffee with half and half (light)
Cottage cheese
Mashed califlower with parsley
2 baby bell cheeses
2 chicken tenders with mushrooms and onions
4 pretzels
Cheese stick
Pistachios, almonds, pecans
Lick of the spoon of chocolate cake
2 blue cheese stuffed olives
Coconut chicken with bell peppers and snow pea pods
SF ice cream treat
Swimming exercise tonight for 45 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment