Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 2 off sugar

This is going to be hard. I went grocery shopping last night after dinner. I wasn't hungry but I had this gnawing feeling in my gut. Like I was digesting the food I ate. I think my stomach is having to work harder to process the food I am eating. No bread or refined carbs or sugar makes for tougher work on my stomach.

I must say that I was rather proud of myself. I went through the entire store without picking up a treat for myself. In the past I had been getting a sweet treat and walking around the story shopping while I snacked on it. The treat was typically candy of some sort. I passed right by the bin full of Whoppers for $0.88! I was very tempted. However I did pick up some sugar free fudgcicles and some sugar free ice cream treats. I know the fudgcicles are ok (according to South Beach) but I'm not sure about the ice cream treats.

I gobbled one ice cream treat up in the car on the ride home then had another when I was putting the groceries away. It did satisfy my sweet craving, put apparently one wasn't enough. I wish they made a patch for sugar! I quit smoking once and used that nicotine gum. That was brilliant! I can't say I haven't smoked picked up a cigarette since then, but I sure haven't started smoking regularly since then. Maybe you can't equate these things, but addiction is addiction right?

Anyway, I need to press on. Sugar is often hard to avoid, but if I focus on whole foods and nothing refined or processed I should be ok. By the way, we eat natural peanut butter in our house, so the only thing added is salt.

January 6, 2015
Hard boiled egg, 2 strips turkey bacon, 4 slices of cheese from brick
Decaf coffee with light cream
2 cup tea
Vitamins/supplements
cottage cheese
Left over bean side from last night
Left over chicken capri (motz cheese, ricotta cheese, tomatoes) with a few pieces of roasted cauliflower
Shrimp with tomatoes, onion, pepper and peas
Celery with peanut butter


No comments:

Post a Comment