Thursday, January 15, 2015

No alcohol on this diet either...until Saturday, and My birthday

Alcohol is a no no on Phase I. Probably because it has a similar effect as sugar on the body, or so that is what I vaguely remember reading in the South Beach Diet book. I haven't read it in several years and when I go back on it I just refer to the meal plans. I struggle a bit with alcohol. Alcoholism runs in my family and I've mentioned this before. I have had several stints where I would go without, seemingly to test myself to see if I could do it. Of course when I was pregnant I went without (except toward the very end when I sneaked a small glass of wine and a few sips of beer). But I've also gone on voluntary abstinence binges (if you can call it that) where I would see how long I could go. I can usually do it, but the thing is when I start up again I find I loose a little self control. Since I don't have access to pot, I find alcohol is the next best thing to get loopy. But you know, the side effects of alcohol are much worse. Sour stomach, headaches, loose bowels...sometimes I really wish pot was legal where I am.

So now I haven't had a drink since January 5, since I got serious with my new eating habits. I am planning on imbibing this weekend.The annual Art's Center Wine and Cheese tasting is Saturday. My husband and I are also going out on Friday without the kids. So I will probably have a drink then. These are cheats I am allowing myself because who is going to go to a wine and cheese tasting with out having wine?

I also have plans to cheat on my birthday, January 29, and our friends have planned a progressive dinner on the 31st. I plan on cheating then as well. I will do my best to select the best things for me, but I'm not going to make any promises.

January 15, 2015
HB egg, 5 slice cheese, 2 slice turkey bacon
Cutie (mandarin orange)
DC coffee
2 cup tea (decaf)
Home made bratwurst
Roasted (warmed up in microwave) Broccoli
Cheese stick
Baby Bell cheese
Mini peppers
Sesame honey candy (this is a little slip, I have these at my work desk and they were too much temptation. Must remove from area)
Nuts
Baby Bell cheese
DC Americano coffee with SF flavor and cream
Acorn squash soup
Tofu grilled cheese (this was my own invention and quite ingenious of i do say so myself)
Motzarella cheese
SF ice cream treat
Couple of grapes

No comments:

Post a Comment