Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A week with out sugar or bread

Well, not completely. I have sneaked a very small piece of bread once or twice. I also sneaked a taste of this tasty dessert that my husband made. Just 1 bite. And the piece of bread was the size of my thumb. So I am on my way to breaking the sugar addiction.Refined and added sugar that is. I have been having a few pieces of fruit here and there, but I hardly think that hurts anything.

I have heard that it takes 4 months to actually rid your body of something you are trying to cut out, i.e. gluten, dairy. I'm not sure about sugar, but I know I am still getting cravings. I have been abating them by making sugar free hot chocolate and sugar free hard candies. I also got these sugar free ice cream treats and sugar free fudgecicles. So that satisfies my sweet tooth somewhat. I may be overindulging on cheese a bit. And I'm trying not to take in too many nuts. These things are on my diet, but I need to be sure not to eat too many calories.

I think I am actually at war with sugar. I am looking at labels now and I pulled out all the cereal we have in the house and looked at the ingredients. And we don't have things like Lucky Charms, Cap'n Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or any of those cereals that are obviously full of sugar. Rice Crispies, Cheerios, and Bran Flakes are what is on the shelf. Sugar is the second or third ingredient in all of these cereals. WHAT! And I have been feeding these to my kids every morning. I do love it when they choose the oatmeal, that I know is just oats (I buy the old fashioned oats, not that flavored stuff in the packets). Last night I bought shredded wheat (not frosted) and the only ingredient is whole wheat. My one kid enjoyed it this morning.

I am also going to task on our soy milk. That has added sugar as well. So I'm trying some unsweetened versions. I already know that unsweetened soy milk doesn't go over well with my family. So, I got cashew milk that is pretty good and coconut milk that I haven't tried yet, but I'm optimistic about it.

203 on the scale this morning
January 13, 2015
3 piece Canadian bacon 
3 piece apple 
4 slice cheese
2 cup tea
Decaf coffee with half and half
Hard boiled egg
2 blue cheese stuffed olives
Baby Bell cheese
Garden salad with blue cheese, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
I BROKE DOWN - FULL SLICE OF BREAD WITH BUTTER
Hand full of nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts)
Black bean burger
Roasted broccli
SF hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment