Tuesday, October 28, 2014

To truly cut out dairy

To truly cut out dairy from my diet there are a few cheats I need to get rid of. BUTTER! Is the number one culprit. I think I have my Dad's love of butter. He basically uses bread as a vector for butter. He smothers it on thick. I don't know if it is my personal taste or my up bringing (I used to watch him take big pats of butter and smear it on a small piece of bread and eat it all in one bite), but I find myself doing the same thing.

Next is the cream in my coffee. This one will be hard, and I'm not sure I will do it, or it may just be the very last thing to go. The cheese part has been hard, but I have done it for the most part. But yesterday I caught myself eating a piece as I was cutting some up for the kids. And it was GOOOD! Anyway, stop dreaming about cheese. I have thought that gluten maybe a problem for me too. That would be really hard. However, I have unknowingly done it before when I did the South Beach Diet. That diet is basically vegetables and meat, no carbs. Although they let you eat dairy, cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese and yogurt is a big part of that diet ethos.

Each day is a new day to discover something new and make a fresh start. What will I work on today? No sugar. That is extremely hard this time of year because of all the Halloween candy in the house.

October 28, 2014
Today I weighed 202 pounds. Staying somewhat consistent. I guess that's good. 
Breakfast: Oatmeal with ground flax seed, honey, and soy milk
Hard boiled egg, 2 piece turkey bacon
Decaf coffee with cream (no sweetener)

Cheetos puffs (the rest of the bag from last night)
I am involved in promoting a very significant measure on the November ballot in North Dakota. If passed it will have significant impacts on conservation in the state. An issue I am very passionate about! I have had to stop reading and listening to all the opposition because it is causing me heartburn and to loose sleep. However, today a radio station had an opponent on (as well as a proponent) and listening to the opponent guy stressed me out. So I needed those Cheetos! (more on my stress eating later)

2 cups tea (mother's milk and raspberry leaf)
pumpkin seeds
black olives 
Veggie dog with a little ketchup (these things really taste bad, they need a little condiment)
Mini red and yellow peppers 6
2 fun size 3 musketeer bars 
2 piece veggie bologna
2 piece veggie cheese
Sugar snap peas in pod
Cheez-its (some with butter, I know I am sick)
Toast with butter
2 fun size Kit Kat

My gut feels gross! I need to remember this feeling. The fact that eating butter and candy bars has made me feel like shit! Ok here is the wake up. I have indigestion, heartburn bubbling up. That reminds me I didn't take my prescriptions today.
Dinner: spegetti and meatballs (homemade with Spinich), pasta sauce (homemade)
Red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment