Friday, January 16, 2015

Today is a cheat day

Please forgive me if I indulge today. Well, most of the indulgence will be with alcohol, and maybe bread. It is date night and we are dropping the kids off at a play place then coming home and making dinner with friends. That dinner will be pizza that my husband is going to make. I also plan on drinking some wine. Maybe not as much as I will on Saturday, but some. I am going to have some other food that includes vegetables and a fruit based dessert to keep the crazyness down to a minimum. I am just hoping this doesn't throw everything off.

What I am really afraid of is slipping back to the sugar addiction. I have it somewhat beat, but I get weak. As a real life example, grocery stores get me. I went this morning before work to pick up some things for dinner tonight. I got a coffee (they put a Caribou Coffee in our local grocery store and it is awesome!) and did my shopping. I passed all the road bumps until I went to the gluten free section. I saw these chocolate bars, I picked one up, thought I might devour it, but then thought I will incorporate it into dessert tonight so I don't feel too guilty about it. Then at the check out I had to wait a long time because the woman in front of me had...it's not worth explaining. The point is I had a bunch of time to sit and stare at all the impulse buy items right by the register. I ended up picking up these chocolate covered macadamia nuts. They were only $1! There was 2 and it was dark chocolate. As soon as I got to the car I opened and ate them on the ride home.

I did do some justifying of this impulse.
  • Today is my cheat day
  • It is dark chocolate
  • There are nuts in it
Anyway, not sure if that stuff actually justifies, but I think it goes to show that I fight my sugar addiction every step of every day. 


203 on the scale this morning.

January 16, 2015
Egg cup - with spinich, cheese, bell pepper (assorted)
2 piece turkey bacon
2 cup tea
DC Americano (from Caribou)
DC coffee (Santa's White Christmas)
2 chocolate covered macadamia nuts
Veggiess
Black bean burger
Cheese stick
Pizza
Veggies
3 glasses of wine
Sip of whiskey 

No comments:

Post a Comment