Tuesday, October 21, 2014

In the beginning...I might regreat this.

This is not a weight loss blog, this is not a health blog. This is simply a blog to record what I am putting into my body and how it is making me feel. This is a personal experiment. I am going to reveal some things about myself. I am not sure exactly what the goals are right now, but I do I want to feel better physically and correct some of the health issues I am having. So don't read this if you don't want to know about vaginal bleeding, bloating, health issues related to women and our anatomy and related emotions, heartburn, gastrointestinal issues, poop, vomit and other bodily functions that gross you out. I am hoping by recording what I am eating on a public forum I will be able to stay true to myself and true to eating habits that I know will benefit me in the long run.

I am basically going to record what I am eating. Our family makes up a weekly menu of dinners so that is easy to manage. But what else I eat throughout the day is a little different. I do most of the cooking in the house and in my opinion I eat a rather healthy and well rounded diet. But that may just be my perspective. My weaknesses are sugar (I have a tremendous sweet tooth), butter, carbohydrates, cheese, chocolate (sweet tooth) and alcohol. Alcoholism runs in my family and I often wonder if my alcohol consumption is a problem or not.

I have recently cut out dairy from my diet. I developed an intolerance in my early 20s. I was dairy free for a few years, but then discovered that I could eat cheese. Then it was just a matter of time before I started eating ice cream and everything else dairy. However, I don't drink cow milk. When I do I get stomach cramps, loose poop, and a general feeling of discomfort. As a result of my recent weight gain and general feeling of poor health, I have decided to cut out dairy again. The no cheese thing is very difficult. I've also wanted to eat yogurt (which never gave me a problem before) because of its touted health benefits, but I'm not really a yogurt person anyway.

So please, feel free to comment if you have positive input or if you see holes in what I am eating that may be contributing to my overall health.
Thank you. Jen

Today, October 20, 2014 -
Today I weigh 198 pounds (according to my crappy scale). That is a morning right out of the shower naked weight. I like weighing myself then, because I've read that morning is the time when you weigh the least. I feel bloated and have been bleeding since Wednesday. I had my period on the 5th, so this isn't my normal menstrual cycle. I'm making an appointment to see a Dr. to get this figured out. I am also having some cramping, but I did have a great bowel movement this morning, so that's a plus.

Breakfast: Two pieces of lower sodium turkey bacon, hard-boiled egg, 4 tablespoons oatmeal (measured then cooked) with teaspoon honey, soy milk, ground flax seed.
Decaf coffee with heavy cream (this is the only dairy I am allowing myself because I am not adding a sweetener to my coffee).

10:00 snack: almonds,veggi cheese (this is like American Cheese but it is dairy free and not as good as regular cheese)
11:20 snack: Green beans with vinegar and olive oil dressing
Leftover re-fried black beans
3 triskets with butter (canola oil and butter spread) (see I'm bad)
M&Ms 1/2 1.69 oz. bag

Feeling/Health: My guts are bubbly, and I have some cramping. I also feel like I could take a nap, tired feeling, is that normal?

This is where it gets hard because I didn't write down what I ate after I picked the kids up from daycare and now I have to remember.

Apple from the tree at the park.
4 trisket crackers
Pea pods for snack, mini pepper
Snacked on almonds while making dinner
Dinner: Grill hamburger (no bread), roasted califlower and brustle sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Halloween cookie 
Carmel corn while going to grocery store
4 stuffed olives while putting groceries away

Exercise: I walked the kids to the park in the wagon. We walked the .5 mile loop around the park and played at the bridge for a while. It isn't much but it is something right?

I did take an hour nap with the kids after we got back from the park.

So that was today. Let's see how this goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment