Monday, August 17, 2015

Still in pain and sick on top of it

So over the weekend I battled the mouth sores of Hand, Foot and Mouth. It was excruciating to eat anything! With my original diagnosis on Friday, I haven't eaten much. I also have a cold that set in hard on Sunday. I was sneezing, nose running, dizzy feeling all day. I powered through it and tried to make a go of it, but it was hard.

I was short with my kids all weekend. One because I was sick and two because my blood sugar was low from not being able to eat anything. When my blood sugar gets low I get cranky. I can't help it, the monster in me comes out. So I'm sure I wasn't a pleasant person to be around this weekend.

But last night I got a good night sleep and woke up feeling somewhat better. I am still congested and the sores in my mouth are still there. But they are healing and I'm not in as much pain as I was over the weekend. I am hoping everything clears up in the next few days so I can get back to normal.

On the plus side, I weighed 208 when I went into the clinic on Friday! That is positive. I was sitting at 210 for so long I was starting to get discouraged with the aches and pain I was feeling from running and biking. I'm thinking with the low calorie intake over the weekend I may have lost some weight and kick started things in a positive direction that way.

No exercise today, recovering from sickness
Monday, August 17, 2015
1/4 rhubarb muffin
Cottage cheese
L/O chicken soup with extra egg noodles
DC coffee
Tea
Trail mix
Smore cookie
Slice Swiss Cheese 
L/O chicken and rice soup
2 home made s'more cookies
Slice Swiss cheese
L/O dinner - chicken pesto burger that I couldn't eat on Friday, green beans, grilled veggies (peppers onion mushroom) 
DQ mini rolo blizzard, mini size (arg! I couldn't help myself, it is grocery shopping night and I get me time while shopping and listening to audio books) 

No comments:

Post a Comment