Thursday, August 27, 2015

A note on alcohol

I have previously mentioned my struggles with alcohol and my questions about how much is too much. Or at what point does someone become an alcoholic. I know I have addictive tendencies in my personality and alcoholism runs in my family.

Then my husband sent me this article. I also sent it to my Dad and he was relieved when he finished it. He has tried Alcoholics Anonymous and it hasn't worked for him. I think in part because he is not a deeply religious man and the root of the 12 steps is based on a belief in God and giving in to the power of God for healing. It would not work for me either. I don't believe in that stuff.

So I have reduced my alcohol consumption in the past couple of weeks. In fact in the last 2 weeks I've had 1 beer, 1 shot, and a faux Margarita (last night). And that is very little for me. So I'm hoping this alcohol reduction will help me shed some weight, along with my exercise program. But nothing yet.

Exercise = none this morning, I thought I'd do better for myself if I got a little more sleep
Wednesday August 26, 2015
HB egg
Kiwi
Toast with butter and HM jam
Cottage Cheese
Sesame sticks
2 cup tea
DC coffee
Cheese stick
Meat stick
Dinner was just BAD! We ate out and I didn't make many smart choices
Fried pickles with ranch dressing
Mushroom Swiss burger with sauteed onions
Onion rings with side of ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment