Monday, August 17, 2015

So it might not be the avocado

Yesterday I woke up in incredible pain. I was holding back tears. My tongue was so sore and irritated and my TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) pain was debilitating. I dropped the kids off to their respective care facilities and went into the walk-in clinic. I have Hand, Foot and Mouth disease! The adult form. Now I can greater empathize with my kid who had it before me and who I got it from. Trust me, you don't want to get this! I can't eat because my tongue has sores all over it. It is hard to swallow and talk, and because of my TMJ pain it is hard to chew.

So I got some pain killers for the TMJ pain and instruction to use oragel for the mouth sores. Let me tell you the oragel isn't cutting it.

So maybe I am not allergic to avocado, that is a good thing. It was just a coincidence that this sickness was coming on right when I was eating a lot of it. I'll try it again after this sickness passes and we will see for sure.

The worst part of this whole thing is that I think my husband has caught Hand, Foot, and Mouth too! If he progresses and starts to feel as much pain as I am in, I know he will be miserable to deal with. As I have been these last couple of days. I was super cranky with the kids this morning and it isn't their fault I am in so much pain. I will need to make it up to them.

Friday August 14, 2015
Tea
PBJ sandwich
L/O pasta with pesto and cheese (couldn't eat much of this because of my mouth pain)
Smoothy from DQ (only drank half because my mouth hurt so much)
Soup
(this is literally all I ate today! my mouth hurts so much I couldn't put anything in it with out it hurting)

No comments:

Post a Comment