Friday, August 7, 2015

Is this the root of my not being able to loose weight?

So I read this article "5 Factors That Make You Pack On Pounds" and you know what started to make sense to me? When companies use antibiotics and growth hormones they transfer into the meat we (the royal we) eat. How has this never occurred to me before? It makes sense doesn't it? The same things they are using to make pigs, cows and chickens fat for slaughter are the same things that are making me fat.

Well with this new perspective I am becoming a more savvy shopper. I am looking for anti-biotic free, hormone free meat. And I need to hope that the labels I am reading at the grocery store are truthful. Because as you know the food industry can be misleading. They can leave out certain key terms that to the lay person seem ok, but technically they may be finding some loop hole to poison you another way.

I started buying grass fed beef from a local farmer at the farmer's market.I bought a couple of chickens from her too.

I also need to be wary about the pesticides on the items I buy. But that is hard. How am I supposed to know unless I buy organic. And everyone knows that organic stuff hits the pocket book hard.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015
L/O breakfast sausage
HB egg
Cheese
3 strawberries
Scooby snacks and nutella
Spinach salad with avocado, tomato, and pesto/yogurt dressing
Triscuits and hummus
Piece Swiss cheese
Puppy chow snack mix

No comments:

Post a Comment