Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Oh the aches and pains

So I am on week 5 of the Couch to 5k challenge and my knees are aching! My right knee is sore and I can't bend it all the way. At what point do I give up? Do I push through the aches and pains and hope they will get better? At what point will it get better? Do I go see a doctor?

I've been icing it and stretching, doing yoga, but it still aches. Although it has been better because I am on some pain killers for my TMJ pain. So I haven't noticed it as much. But the ache is still there, I can feel it when I try to bend my knee all the way.

Today I ran 8 minutes straight...twice! This is something that is quite challenging for me. The last 1.45 minutes of each set was the worst. Although, I did feel stronger today for some reason. I thought it would be just the opposite since I have been sick for the past 5 days. I thought I would be struggling today, but maybe my body is ready to get moving again.

Exercise - run/walk 40 minutes

Tuesday August 18, 2015 
Microwave egg in a cup with ham and Swiss cheese
1/2 rhubarb muffin (home made)
Triscuits - about 8
Coffee house DC Americano with 1/2 marshmallow flavor 
Meat stick
Slice Swiss cheese
Smore cookie
Bread with butter
Juice
(I had a low blood sugar attack before dinner, or at least that is what I thought it was. It may have been that they didn't give me a decaf coffee. I was light headed and needed to lay down. So consequently I was eating a bunch of things to try and get my blood sugar back up.)
Chicken salad with red pepper, tomato, feta, and corn
Ice cream with chocolate chips

No comments:

Post a Comment