Friday, August 28, 2015

Obsess much about what I eat?

For some reason whenever I try and catalog what I have eaten I always think of this old Saturday Night Live skit with Gilda Radner..."What Gilda Ate". That is partly why I chose the title of this blog. She would list all the things she ate that day and would go on and on. I think it may have been a criticism on how thin she was and what people may have been saying about her in the public eye. Her popularity was before my time so I don't know what her fame was like. I saw the skit in a clip from a documentary about her.


But my thoughts were that this sketch reflected something about her personality and that she may have been obsessed with what she ate, as I get sometimes. So she is someone I can relate to in that way. I need to remind myself that food is just food and I don't need to center my life around it....but do I?

Sometimes I just take the attitude that I should just eat what I want, I love food, I like good tasting food and consequences be dammed. But then I don't like the way my clothes fit and I want to loose some weight because I know my knees would feel better and my asthma might be better and I may not have such a hard time with my incontinence issues. But damit! I have been working on this since July and I haven't lost a dam pound! I can't believe that all this exercise isn't doing anything! I put on my jeans the other day because it was cold out and they were tight. So tight that I couldn't stand to wear them all day and had to change into looser fitting pants...sweat pants!

I just don't know what to think. I am starting to think it is my hormones and metabolism changing as I approach 40 and my body not being able to process things as it used to. But I should at least see SOME results! I am ranting I know, but I am just so frustrated right now and very discouraged. This week I have found it extremely hard to get out of bed to exercise. I have only done it twice this week. I keep telling myself at least I am moving, at least I am doing something to stay active. But where are the results DAMIT?!

Exercise = Bike ride, 40 minutes, according to my Fitbit I only burned 165 calories! F***IN-A MAN! Is it even worth it? I wish biking burned more calories! I love it and it is like the least productive exercise.

Thursday, August 27, 2015
HB egg
Cheese
Toast with butter
1/2 Apple
1/2 Pear
Smores cookie
2 Chocolate chip cookies (this is my self indulgent food for comfort thing and I enjoyed every bite of these cookies) 
DC coffee
Crackers and hummus
Ice cream...a lot of it. I sat and ate out of the container for a while and enjoyed every bit!
Cheese stick
More crackers and hummus
Block party food! - we went to a block party down town and scrounged dinner up there
Hot dog with bun, mustard and katchup
Kettle corn
Ice cream bar - chocolate coated
Sample kneflea soup
French fries



No comments:

Post a Comment