Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I just shouldn't pull out the scale

So I'm on week 2 of my exercise turnaround and I am still at 210. I should just throw the scale out the window. I am working on the sugar detox and did pretty well yesterday. But we have peaches in the house and my husband will be making a delicious peaches and cream pie this weekend. So another home made dessert that I don't want to miss.

Continuing to see that number on the scale is discouraging, but really, I've told myself that shouldn't be my focus. But what else do I have to measure by? I need something that shows my incremental gains. I know I won't fit into my pants right away, so loosing pounds/ounces is the only thing I have to go by at first.

I am not feeling stronger as a runner yet. And maybe that will never come (I probably shouldn't even expect to), this Week 2 of the couch to 5K has been challenging. Week 3 sounds it will be a bit grueling with 3 full minutes of running. I was dragging this morning with just 90 seconds of jogging. Maybe I can repeat Week 2 if I feel I can't make it.

Monday July 20, 2015
Bagel, 1/2 with butter 1/2 with cream cheese
L/O fritatta
2 piece pork bacon
2 cup tea
SF Hot chocolate
2 mini raspberry strudel (not part of my sugar detox) 
(I ate much more today, but I didn't keep track and it is past time to remember)

No comments:

Post a Comment