Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Election day...I stress eat

Something I have learned about myself over the years is that I eat for comfort. I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm not even hungry. It's just...well, how I am. I'm not saying it's healthy, I'm just saying. The challenge is to make the right choices when I do eat.

Today is election day and there is a measure on the ballot (Measure 5) that I am really passionate about and I want it to pass. So today might be a bad day for eating for me. It is a measure to support conservation in North Dakota and it is necessary to keep our outdoors, water and communities healthy. So, until the polls close and we know the results, I may be on edge and putting things in my mouth that aren't necessarily the best. Or I may just over eat. At least I am aware of it right?

So I will stay away from my triggers, which shouldn't be too hard since I don't have any in the house. Oh wait, there is that Halloween candy and I did get some fun size 3 Musketeers bars half off at the store last night. I'm in trouble.

No weight this morning.
November 4, 2014
Breakfast: Oatmeal with ground flax seed, soy milk, and honey
Decaf Americano no cream or sweetener (from coffee house)
Part of an oatmeal raisin cookie that I shared with kid
2 cup tea
Triscuits and humus
Bowl of mashed potatoes
Pita chips
3 fun size 3 Musketeers
Dinner: Chicken and pasta with pesto sauce with roasted yellow squash, fennel, and broccoli
Baked pear 1/2 with cream cheese and ginger cookie

Went to Democratic post election party and ate lots of junk
8 meatballs with some sort of cheese substance on them
6 slices of sausage in bbq sauce
potato chips and onion dip
olives
cake with too much frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment