Friday, February 13, 2015

Snacks are important, but how much is enough

I do like to snack. That is why I know I need to make healthy snacks convenient for me. Otherwise I end up scarfing down what ever is right at hand. I know not to keep certain triggers in the house. My over eating triggers. I also find myself picking at things while I am fixing snacks for the kids. I also pick and eat things while I am cooking dinner. This is a habit I have a hard time breaking. I'm hungry and I know dinner is coming soon, but I can't help sneaking bits of this and that while I'm working in the kitchen.

I am so concious these days about what I am eating. Part of having to do with this blog. The other part is this 10 Fed Up Challenge. I am actively avoiding sugar and intensely reading labels. Yesterday I grabbed these dried green beans that are surprisingly good. But the one ingredient (besides salt) is tapioca dextrin, AND THAT IS A SUGAR! So darn it!

So I have been having little slip ups like this that have been keeping me completely off sugar. I must say this is added sugar. I have been eating fruit. Bananas, apples, grapefruit. I also must confess to having cough drops. I didn't read the label but I know these have sugar in them. However I am giving myself an allowance for these because I have this horrible cough that has been plaguing me for the past week or so. I just want it to be over with.

Day 5, February 13, 2015
L/O egg bake with sausage, spinach, feta cheese
Diced tomatoes
DC coffee - 2 cups
2 cup weightless tea
Nuts - almonds, walnuts, pecans
5 Kalamata olives (I love olives!) 
2 piece sharp cheddar
L/O concoction: white bean augraten plus rotisserie chicken, and spinach (previously frozen)

I am really craving something sweet right now (12:30 after eating lunch). I need some help! Maybe a seltzer water will help? Is this stuff rated along the lines of soda? I doesn't have anything in it except carbonated water and "natural flavors", no added sugar. Is it bad because it is carbonated?
Soda water
Slice Swiss cheese
Handful goldfish crackers
Yogurt, peanut butter, 1/2 banana, cashew milk (unsweetened) smoothy 
L/O stir fry 
Some white rice
4 shots cake vodka
Black Russian 
Ricotta cheese 

No comments:

Post a Comment