Wednesday, February 11, 2015

36 grams vs. 56 grams

So from the Fed Up website the daily recommendation of sugar for women is 6 teaspoons (about 36 grams) and for men it is 9 teaspoons (about 56 grams). Arg! it is never fair is it ladies?

I am feeling really crappy today and it doesn't have much to do with my sugar detox. I have been fighting some sort of sickness for the past 2 weeks. The kids have it too. Phlegm, a persistent cough, headache. Last night I was up coughing all night so I am sleep deprived today and have a pounding headache. I took some naproxen this morning but is hasn't seemed to help.

So day 3 of the sugar detox and my state of being is a little muddled this morning because of my lack of sleep and this shitty cough. When will it go away?! In the morning after breakfast usually a sugar/carb craving pops up. Usually I can stave it off with some coffee. I have cut out sweetening my coffee, but I do add some half and half (sometimes I indulge and put a squirt of whip cream on it).

It is usually in the afternoons when I get snacky feeling is when my most vulnerable time is. The cheese is what I usually go for, but I fear I may be relying on it too much and it may be doing more harm than good. I had a thought to make a switch to yogurt. I have never really been a yogurt person, I've tried but there is just something about it that I can't get by. Greek yogurt I can work with a little more than regular yogurt. And, since I have cut out sugar AND artificial sweeteners I'm not sure I can make it palatable for me. I can try though. Katie Couric just told me about a smoothy recipe that I will have to try.

Day 3, February 11, 2015
1 piece turkey bacon
HB egg
4 piece cheese
Grapefruit
DC coffee with half and half
2 cup weightless tea
L/O egg bake
L/O chickpea patty
4 saltine crackers with butter
4 saltine crackers with hummus
Celery and hummus
Celery with natural peanut butter 
Goldfish crackers 
Cheese slice
L/O tofu taco stuffing 
Cottage cheese 
Sausage (home made turkey sausage that my husband made)

Canillini bean au gratin 

Throat coat tea
Honey camomile tea (I know this may have a little added honey to it, but I need it to help with this cough)

No comments:

Post a Comment