Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I didn't make it to day 10, I'll start over but then VACATION

My original 10 days of this sugar free challenge would have ended on February 18. But I had to start over yesterday and now there aren't enough days left before VACATION! I've also had some artificial sweetener in the hot cocoa mix I love. I just needed some comfort. The no sugar thing is ok, I can get through that. But sometimes I just need the sweetener and the artificial stuff gets me through.

On Saturday my husband and I leave for our vacation in Mexico!!!! I am so excited! We are taking a break from the kids (thanks Grandpa and Nana for watching them while we are gone), and going with two other couples who are good friends of ours. I can't wait! We went to a similar place several years ago for my husband's brother's wedding. We had a blast, but I was pregnant so there was no drinking for me at an all inclusive resort in Mexico! And I love tequila! It was tough.  I was also nauseous most of the time so I didn't really enjoy any of the food either. But I do remember thoroughly enjoying the orange juice, it was fresh squeezed and delicious!

This sugar free thing will go bust in Mexico. I'm not going to hold back and I am going to enjoy every bite down there. The all inclusive resort we are going to has wonderful sounding restaurants and I imagine the desserts will be sugarlicious!

I believe my whole impetus for starting this eating blog journey was my forward looking to this vacation. I have been wanting to get on better eating habits since I had my second kid and I was really off track. And I wanted to loose some weight. I feel like I have made some positive changes with my attempts to follow the South Beach Diet again and this sugar free challenge. But there are always hiccups that will throw me off and I guess I just have to realize that then get back on track the next day.

Day 2, February 18, 2015
HB egg
2 piece turkey bacon
4 piece Munster cheese
Smoothy - banana, apple, Greek yogurt, ground flax, cashew milk (unsweetened)
DC coffee, 2 cups
2 cups weightless tea
L/O lentles from last night
Slice Swiss cheese
5 saltine crackers with butter
Cutie

Slice Swiss cheese 
Few goldfish crackers 
Nut medley - almond, Brazil, pecan, walnut 
Lamb burger with goat cheese 
Green beans and mushrooms with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper 
DC caribou coffee 
Mini cupcake peanut butter cup

No comments:

Post a Comment