Thursday, February 19, 2015

Eating right isn't enough for me...a note on exercise

I know my body responds well to exercise. When I am eating right and exercising i drop pounds. Not dramatically, but they come off. And with my focus on eating the right things lately I have noticed that my weight is pretty much staying the same. I know I haven't been exercising. I can delude myself and say, well walking up and down the stairs 20 times a day is exercise, and chasing my kids around is exercise. But really, I'm mostly sedentary these days and it isn't good.

For the past few months I have been going to the pool on Wednesday nights and swimming laps. But I know that isn't enough. I don't feel like I am getting any stronger with just going once a week. I can make all kinds of excuses (mostly centered around my kids and my love of taking naps) but you know, they are just excuses. Incorporating exercise takes a bit of a lifestyle change and I just haven't committed to that yet. I'll try harder. We are going to need to get a membership to our local Family Fitness Center because our son will start preschool there in the summer and having a membership drastically reduces the cost of the preschool. So I will have that resource again. Maybe me and my daughter can start taking walks there in the afternoons.

I'm actually thinking about getting a fit bit. I have friends who have them and they like them. It would actually help me realize just how sedentary I am and maybe motivate me to move more. We'll see.

Day 2, February 19, 2015
HB egg
2 piece turkey bacon
Cheese
DC coffee with half and half
2 cup weightless tea (I really don't think this stuff is helping)
1/4 of banana
Slice Swiss cheese
Egg cup with sausage and cheese
Nuts
Cream cheese berry compote mix
L/O red lentils with L/O lamb burger from last night and goat cheese
Cutie 
Mixed nuts from Kwik-E-Mart
Some sunflower seeds
Seltzer water
Chicken picata (with capers and lemon and butter)
Roasted califlower
3 shots whipped vodka

No comments:

Post a Comment