Friday, February 6, 2015

Little Chrissy needs a Jolt!

Overindulgence, that is me. I seem to have a pig out mentality about certain things. Sometimes I just can't stop myself from eating something until it makes me sick or I feel overly full. I've often wondered if I have that disease where you never feel full and you constantly feel hungry and continue to eat. Gluttony!

There was one point in my life where I was buying these Hershey pot of gold cookies and cream candies. They were little blocks of white chocolate with bits of chocolate cookie mixed in. I would sit and eat entire 16 ounce bags of these. I don't know when it happened exactly but I made myself sick on them and for a long time I could hardly stand to look at that Hershey cookies and cream stuff. In the last few years they made Hershey drops that are cookies and cream flavored. I picked them up and love them. So I guess my time of this stuff making me sick is over. I must admit I have overindulged on these too.

The same thing happened to me with Tequila, but that is a story for another day about alcohol binging.

I call all this the "Little Chrissy" mentality. "Little Chrissy" is a character in a John Waters move "Pecker". Edward Furlong is the main character and he has a little sister, Chrissy. She is a sugar addict and is always chasing it, always craving it and always overindulging in it. There is one scene where she goes to her dad's store and says "Little Chrissy needs a Jolt!" (Jolt being that over caffeinated over sugared cola that didn't apologize for it's qualities as something bad for you, "All the sugar and twice the caffeine) It is pretty funny.
And then there is this scene:
In the end, Chrissy beats her sugar addiction and moves on to healthy stuff like vegetables. But she is still obsessed with them and eats them by the handful. At least it isn't sugar, right?

So that is how I feel at this point. I am trying to break this sugar addiction and moving on to other things, but I feel like overindulgence may still be my problem. And sugar has a tight hold on me. I have to start from square one every time I slip up. Can you eat too much broccoli? Can you eat too much cheese? (well yes you can and my gastrointestinal guts will tell you so) Can there be too much chicken with tomato, onion, peppers and mushrooms? Maybe I should start writing down the portion size. I stuffed myself with soup yesterday and my stomach felt overly full for hours.

February 5, 2015
HB egg
1 piece turkey bacon
4 piece cheese
1/2 banana
Bite of grits
SF hot chocolate
DC coffee with half and half
2 cup weightless tea
1 cup peppermint tea
Almonds and walnuts
Dried green beans
Oat bran sesame sticks
DC Carabou Americano
2 Hugos cupcakes (this is bad, I bought a 6 pack of these and now I have this package of cupcakes haunting me for the next few days)
Mini pepper
Out to dinner with a friend for Chinese food buffet - cream cheese wontons, wonton soup, beef with broccoli, orange chicken, egg roll, dumplings, rice noodles, low mein noodles
Black Russian at bar 

No comments:

Post a Comment