Friday, September 18, 2015

I am my father's daughter

My husband this morning was discussing the fact that the way we eat is not the way he was brought up and that I inherited my dad's pallet for more expensive foods, or rather dramatic tastes. He also said that we are passing those things to our kids. For example today I packed broccoli and pear infused white balsamic vinegar in my kid's lunch. Well, that is just how we eat around here.
I do see some of my dad's eating habits and tastes reflected in the things I choose to eat. My dad makes the best blue cheese dressing. He has always enjoyed it and is a bit of a blue cheese connoisseur. We now have some blue cheese dressing in the fridge that I made for burgers the other night. It is just sitting there waiting for me to  dip something in it or pour it on something. That is another trait of my dad's that I've inherited, overindulgence. I often witnessed my dad slathering butter on bread and over dressing a salad with blobs of dressing then if we were at a restaurant asking the server to bring more.

But still, I have learned to enjoy some quite delicious foods from my dad's tastes. Blue cheese is one of them, lobster, beer, sausage, meat, cheese, shrimp (not many vegetables). However, it is somewhat difficult to cook for my dad when he visits because he is somewhat picky and doesn't eat many vegetables besides lettuce. The last time my parents came to visit he told me, "You use spinach to enhance the flavor not as a substitute for food."  WOW!

He also made an off hand comment about not liking female authors, but that is the subject for another time.

Exercise = none
Friday, September 18, 2015
Rice cake with peanut butter
Yogurt with stevia and kiwi
2 cup tea
Iceberg lettuce with blue cheese dressing
Chex mix
Couple of almond crackers
Mint chocolate chip ice cream (I need to just not buy this stuff)
Rice cake with peanut butter 
Meatballs and pasta with yellow tomato sauce

Hard cider, 2 glass wine, Moscow mule

No comments:

Post a Comment