Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Eating like a kid

Ok, yesterday was bad!
I ate so many sweet things I couldn't count. Plus this morning I made an excuse when my alarm went off at 5:00 to stay in bed and not do my planed Yoga. So here I am recovering for another day.
 
Here is a philosophy...how about I only eat what I would feed my kids. Sometimes as a parent I find my self in a situation with my kids where it is "do as I say not as I do" kind of thing in the food department. Take dessert for example. We have specified dessert nights in our house, 4 nights a week the kids get dessert. However, that doesn't seem to apply to me. I will often wait until the kids go to bed then eat my dessert. I'm sneaky like that. This is what I did last night.

And snacks, I'm not too bad here, but I do have somethings that I've shoved in the back of the cupboard that are out of sight and only I know they are there. Nothing too bad, jelly beans, the occasional bag of chips or cheetos, a candy bar every once in a while.

But then I have to think about it, Why would I eat something that I wouldn't feed my kids? I want them to be healthy and not have too much sugar. I am constantly evaluating what I am feeding them to make sure they get the nutrition they need. So why would I pay so much attention to what they are eating and not do the same for myself. (I write this as I am munching on a bag of chips). 

So eating what they eat shouldn't bee too big a problem. But do I take it a step further and do the same portions? Portion size is big with them. If I started eating the portions they eat, that would be a good start at controlling the amount of food I take in. I'll admit, I am a typical American who fills her plate and cleans it (most of the time). However, I've found myself at restaurants slowing down and feeling full about half way through my meal. That can't be a bad thing can it?

Exercise = nothing
Tuesday September 1, 2015
Toast with peanut butter and honey
Cottage cheese with kiwi
Tiny grapes
DC coffee
2 cup tea
L/O stir fry with elbow macaroni
2 piece Swiss cheese
Bread with butter
Smore cookie
Jelly beans
Chips in the car
Plantain chips
Cheese stick
Ginger soda
Chipolte Chicken and rice
Ice cream with caramel syrup

No comments:

Post a Comment