Friday, September 4, 2015

New found pleasures

I can't say that I've ever really liked jelly beans. I remember when I was a kid the jelly beans my mom put in my easter basket. They weren't very good and I never ate them. They usually ended up in the trash.

But these days, as an adult, I've discovered I really really like Jelly Belly jelly beans. They have so many interesting flavors. I had an espresso one yesterday and was like WOW! They really captured the flavor. I can get them in bulk from Cash Wise and they are like little bursts of wonderful sweetness. I do need to pace myself though. When I first started eating them I would just eat one at a time a savor it.

But, since I realized that I really like them I've found myself mindlessly mowing them down. Like yesterday, I ate more than half my bag.
I think I may have reverted to my candy stashing ways. When I was in grad school I would stash all kinds of candy in my drawer. I didn't realize I was eating so much sugar until I started keeping a food journal. That's when I realized that I was popping candy all day. Well I just need to be aware of it right?

Exercise = Yoga this morning
Thursday September 3, 2015
HB egg
Cheese
Cottage cheese with kiwi and mini grapes
Toast with butter and HM pear jam
DC coffee
2 cup tea
Jelly beans
Bread with goat cheese
2 piece pork bacon
Triscut crackers and hummus
Oh Man this was bad! - Taco Bell - burrito, chalupa, nachos with cheese sauce, diet Pepsi, Capn' Crunch delights (these things were the grossest thing you will put in your mouth, the grease dripping off them was ridiculous, don't ever get them unless someone dares you)
Salmon, shrimp and broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment