Thursday, October 30, 2014

Sleep is a precious thing

Sleep is a precious thing. Don't take it for granted. I used to never have trouble sleeping. I have always been an early to bed, early to rise person. I would go to sleep overs when I was young and be the first one up in the morning. I'd usually help myself to cereal and be watching cartoons before the parents even woke up.  I love taking naps, I wish we had siesta time here in the states. I would really benefit from that.

So now as I am older, I am wishing for the days when sleep came easier. Some nights my mind races and I can't sleep. The other night I woke up at 3:30 am and just laid there waiting for sleep to come back to me, and it never did. After I had my kids, I am constantly waking up to go pee in the middle of the night. Sometimes 2 or 3 times. This is really annoying, but it might also have something to do with my water consumption. I always have my water jug by my bed and can't go to bed with out it there.

Last night it was my kid that woke me up. She is 18 months now and has been sleeping through the night for a while. Some nights she will wake up, scream once or twice then go back to sleep. Last night she just started crying and wouldn't stop. I don't get it! She didn't have a dirty diaper, she didn't have a fever, I couldn't find any reason for it. My husband finally got up and brought her to bed with us. Well that got her to quite down, but now we had a squirmy kid in our bed. Not necessarily the best sleeping conditions. 

Needless to say I am tired today and hope I can function.
No weight today

October 30, 2014
Breakfast: Oatmeal with ground flax seed, soy milk, honey
One piece turkey bacon (my kid ate the other one)
Hard boiled egg
Decaf Americano from coffee house
2 cup tea (Mother's milk and raspberry leaf)
3 pretzels
small handful almonds (roasted and salted) and pecans
2 piece toast with butter and peanut butter (we eat natural peanut butter in our house, 2 ingredients peanuts and salt)
Egg salad
mini pepper
pea pods 
3 pretzels
Dinner: brat with bun, spicy mustard, relish
Roasted broccoli and green beans, mini pepper
3 candy corns and chocolate eyeball at kid Halloween party
Out with friends - beer 16 oz., cheesey potato wedges (there was a good bit of cheese on these), and French fries with katchup
Reeces peanut butter cup


No comments:

Post a Comment