Monday, October 27, 2014

It's the weekend and you know what that means

Well, it is the weekend and the husband is out of town hunting. That means I am alone with the kids and chaos is the rule. I don't have any structure and that means no eating structure either. I missed posting and recording what I ate because, well, it is just hard to get time to type while kids are demanding your attention. 

We started out picking up our Bountiful Basket which had all kinds good veggies and fruit for the week. I'm not shy about trying new things so what ever surprises we get I'm happy to experiment with. I told the kids we would go to Perkins afterward to get pancakes. Well, there was a long wait, so we ended up at Old McDonald's (as my 3 year old put it). But not before we bought some Perkin's muffins.
These should be illegal! They are huge! Who ever labeled muffins as a breakfast food was out of their mind. These are mini cakes in my opinion.

So that is how my Saturday started off. With a McDonald's egg Mcmuffin, hash brown and a cold decaf coffee. Oh and don't ask them to change the channel on the TV at the McDonald's in Jamestown, even if it is playing a highly inappropriate horror movie with gory blood and zombies. Because all they will tell you to do is move where you can see the one playing cartoons. Yah thanks, I'm going to pick up all my food and move my 1.5 and 3 year old to a different table. Cause that is a really easy thing to do.

So I think I am going to have to think of a different system to get this blog done on the weekends. I just don't have the sit down time in front of the computer like I do during the week.
Here is the overview of all the bad things I ate over the weekend:
Muffins, like 3 of them
McDonald's breakfast
Oh...I did have a spinich salad for lunch.
leftovers for dinner
Pumpkin seeds (because we carved pumpkins for Halloween this weekend)
We had Lasagna at a friends house on Sunday night (it was cheesy delicious, but gave me my dose of dairy for the week)
Garlic bread
I had a few shots and a mixed drink on Saturday night

So, I'll devise something to keep better track on the weekends. I may have to just write it down in a note book then transcribe it in the evenings when the kids are asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment