Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I'm a water adict

I drink water. I drink a lot of water. I realized how much more water I drink than other people when I went on a road trip with some friends. I was the one who always had to stop to pee and when ever we did I came back with a liter of water to fill myself up again. I drink at least 2 32 ounce water jugs a day. I also have 2 cups of tea and a decaf coffee (usually). If I am busy on the weekends sometimes I get dehydrated and I feel it. I get cranky and a headache. I think my body is just used to my current water intake. I always have a water near by. In the car I make sure I have several stashed water bottles so I can drink (water not alcohol) while I'm driving.

It may have something to do with the fact that I am lactating (I am breastfeeding my youngest). But I drank a lot of water before I had my kids too. Maybe not as much as I do now, but a lot. I read a while ago that sometimes people confuse thirst with hunger. I'm not sure that is my problem. I think I started being conscious about hydration when I was in undergrad at University of Florida. I had this roommate who was also obsessed with water and she was always telling me to drink more. Over all I don't think this is a bad thing. It just makes me have to pee a lot.

I think I did overdose on water once. I had to take a drug test for a job I was applying for and I did one of those detox kits where you make a tea and you have to drink a gallon of it in a short amount of time. Then right before the test you take these vitamins that make your pee yellow so as not to raise suspicion. Maybe it was 2 gallons. I don't remember exactly. I took the test and was fine but later that night I went out with a friend to a bar and had one drink. I started shaking then fainted right in the middle of the bar. It was embarrassing because I was acting like I was wasted but I wasn't. Looking back I think my electrolytes were out of balance. I passed the test and got the job by the way.

October 29, 2014
Breakfast: oatmeal with soy milk, ground flax seed, and honey
1/2 piece turkey bacon (the kids ate the rest)
White rice with olive oil, salt, oregano
Veggie cheese and veggie bologna wrapped together
Decaf coffee with whip cream
Pretzels
Fun size Snickers candy bar
Spinich salad with blue cheese stuffed olives, pea pods, balsamic vinegar, olive oil
Tuna salad - mayo, relish, mustard
Fun size twix, fun size hurshey bar
Wild duck fajitas (2) (made by the husband!)
Fun size M&M
3 shots flavored vodka
Cherry infused vodka and soda

No comments:

Post a Comment