Friday, October 24, 2014

I think I need a new scale, Plus a visit to the clinic

I think I need a new more reliable scale. Either that or not weigh myself every day (that is probably an unhealthy practice anyway). Today I weighed 203 pounds when I put the scale in the bathroom. As an experiment I moved the scale to the hallway and there I weighed 199. I went to the clinic yesterday and weighed 202 with my clothes and shoes on. What is going on?

I went to the walk-in clinic yesterday to talk to someone about the vaginal bleeding I've been having since last Wednesday. It has tapered off a bit and I think it might stop today, but we will see. Anyway I saw a nurse practitioner (I really like nurse practitioners) and she poked at my belly and we talked about what has been going on with my birth control regimen. She couldn't find anything obvious on the outside, so she ordered blood work and an ultrasound of my abdomen.She wanted to check my thyroid levels and is hoping the ultrasound will give some clue. The blood test results came back, I can check them in my MySanford Chart (an electronic record keeping thing they have to help you keep track of your health records). I don't really know what the blood test results mean, but it looks like everything they tested for is within the "normal" ranges specified. I'll have to let a professional tell me what they all mean. I am waiting for the office to call me about scheduling an appointment for the ultrasound. More to come.

October 24, 2014
Breakfast: oatmeal with ground flax seed, soy milk and honey. 2 piece lower-sodium turkey bacon
Grilled chicken drumstick (I cooked these last night to have for dinner tonight)
Decaf coffee with whip cream (I do this every once in a while, because...why not)

Hard boiled egg
8 triscuit crackers
(left overs) Rigatoni with pumpkin, onion, red pepper and goat cheese
2 cup tea, mother's milk and raspberry leaf
11:30 - heartburn (I haven't taken my prescription yet, I'll write about my heartburn experience in another post)
1/2 oatmeal raisin cookie
Chicken Drumstick 
Popcorn with olive oil, salt and garlic powder
2 fun size 3 Muskateers bar
Dinner out! Steak with cream lobster sauce, potatoes, veggies 

Stella beer
3 shots candy bar vodka
2 3 Muskateers fun size bar
Hursey fun size 
Reese's PB cup

No comments:

Post a Comment