Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Weight loss is a hoax!

This morning I weighed 202 pounds. I am curious on how this fluctuates so much day by day. That was a naked out of the shower weight. Maybe I washed off 2 pounds of dirt from yesterday morning. I think I'll start keeping a record of this in a spreadsheet so I can graph it and get an average over time. Science!

I caught part of a story on NPR this morning about weight loss supplements and how the professional they were talking to said none are safe for sustained weight loss. (The story is short and worth a listen) I've known that for years. Anyone selling you a quick fix to loose weight is just making money off of you and preying on your vulnerabilities and insecurities. I have always been skeptical about weight loss supplements and never believed the claims. I know exercise and a healthy diet are the tried and true ways to loose weight and keep it off. Calorie counting is important too, but I have never been good at that. Do I put these things to practice? Well no, not always. But I know this, I'm not deluding myself. I try and eat as healthy as I can, but I do have my weaknesses and I certainly don't exercise as much as I should. I could throw out a bunch of excuses, but I won't. I don't really have patience for excuses mine or anyone else's. 

Anyway, today started off with an early start out the door to daycare. So I went to get a coffee and hot chocolate for the kid. I got a cookie for the other kid so she wouldn't feel left out. She is a little young to have a drink in the car. I am caffeine free! I have been for several years now (I do have the occasional diet Coke, another one of my weaknesses but I'll elaborate on that at another time). So I got a decaf Americano with nothing added, black. I have also stopped adding artificial sweeteners to my food and drink (except the diet Coke thing). And I have surprised myself that I actually like unsweetened coffee. Who knew?

Breakfast: 2 piece lower-sodium turkey bacon, hard boiled egg, oatmeal with ground flax seed and honey, decaf coffee house Americano.
Carmel popcorn in the car on way back from dropping kids off at daycare (I know, I bought this the other night when I went grocery shopping and left it in the car, I should just throw it away, but I won't, I love caramel popcorn corn).
10:45: 2 piece of bread with butter
5 triscuit crackers with butter (arg I know this is bad but I can't help myself)
4 more crackers plain
2 cup mother's milk tea
More caramel corn in car going to get the kids
Spinach and black bean salad with feta and olive oil and vinegar dressing
Pita chips
Pecans
Rigatoni with goat cheese, roasted pumpkin, onion, red pepper, sage. 
6 fun size 3 Muskateers candy bars
Malbec wine, 4 glasses, 1 shot candy bar vodka

No comments:

Post a Comment