Monday, July 13, 2015

Why can't I do it?

Maybe trying to quit two vices at once is a mistake. I am trying to cut out sugar along with quitting alcohol. And I've already messed up today! I ate a piece of rhubarb cake that Aaron made. Another home made dessert that I want to indulge in and having a hard time resisting because it is that time of year for summer fruit treats. I had a beer last night too because Aaron opened one that he didn't like and gave it to me to finish off. I have been finding myself craving alcohol in the evenings especially when it has been exceptionally challenging with the kids. I need a mantra to keep me in line.

However, I am sticking to my new exercise routine. Well, after a weekend of rest. My kid was sick this weekend and I think I got a touch of what she had. I just felt worn down and had a headache. So I didn't get up and exercise on Saturday or Sunday. However, I did get up this morning and completed day 3 of the couch to 5k program. I am going to do Yoga tomorrow. I weighed myself this morning which is something I probably shouldn't have done. I am still at 210. Not really surprising since it has taken me several days to get on the no sugar program. I also feel like I need to cut out carbs. They are a big weakness of mine too.

I probably need to do that meal planning thing where I prep all my food so I don't slip up. That has worked in the past. I also need to have someone standing guard at my cupboard/refrigerator asking me "is that something you really want to eat?"


Monday July 13, 2015
HB egg
2 turkey bacon
Cheese
1/2 banana
10 cherries
Piece rhubarb cake
Mixed nuts
L/O cucumber/tomato/radish salad with HM ranch dressing

L/O brown rice and ground chicken burger
Frittata with chard, cheese, tomatoes and basil
Toasted whole grain bread  
Starburst candy - 2
Almond Joy candy bar


No comments:

Post a Comment