Monday, March 23, 2015

Fear of low blood sugar

I have this thing about going too long with out eating and letting my blood sugar get low.When my blood sugar gets low I tend to make poor choices about what I eat. I also get cranky and snap at my loved ones. Mainly my husband.

We were once traveling to visit my husbands family and we were getting to a point where we needed to either stop and get something or it would be 2 hours before the next town and way beyond eating time. Our only choice was a gas station. He wanted to go on, and I snapped at him "You Know ME!" I needed to eat!. So we stopped and got cheese sticks and Luncables. Not the best food, but it got me by.

I realized when I went on the South Beach Diet for the first time in grad school that I needed to have healthy snacks available to maintain a steady blood sugar level throughout the day. Almonds are a good choice for me. Also cheese sticks (although I may need to back off on these due to their addictive nature).

So my goal is to healthy snack to maintain my blood sugar but not over indulge so as to sabotage things.  

Monday, March 23, 2015
Oatmeal with frozen raspberries and banana
DC coffee with whip cream
2 weightless tea
Couple of bites of L/O cinnamon roll
Assorted nuts
5 piece cheese
L/O quiche
Piece of L/O pot roast
Tuna and crackers
Banana muffin
Pinto beans and rice 
1 glass wine

No comments:

Post a Comment