Friday, March 20, 2015

Fasting?

Recently I've been interested in the idea of fasting. Apparently mini fasts and this 5:2 diet has been a fad for a while that I haven't picked up on. I'm am always skeptical of weight loss fads, you have to be. But this is intriguing to me and I want to learn more about it. A friend posted this article on Facebook and he has been doing this for a few years now. I need to ask him how it has worked for him.

I don't really like the idea of fasting. I think one of my eating issues is a bit of a fear of being hungry and having low blood sugar. I don't want to do it. But taking the first step is always the hardest. This would probably be something your body would get used to. I'm not sure where to start, I don't want to just fast willy-nilly, I'd like to have some structure to it. I also wonder how it would affect my family. I'm not going to make them fast. Firstly my kids are young and I don't want to impact their nutrition. Secondly, my husband does not need to loose weight.


March 19, 2015
Oatmeal with walnuts, blue berries, and cashew milk
Decaf coffee
2 cup weightless tea
Cucumber salad
Handful almonds
Crackers and chicken salad, balsamic mayo
L/O couscous with tomatoes, edamame, chick peas, carrots
4 chocolate covered blue berries
Granola bar (this probably had a lot more sugar than I would like to acknowledge)
Salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Cutie
Quiche (this thing had a lot of half and half) with leeks, spinach, feta, pie crust
Roasted potatoes
Green beans
1 chocolate caramel 

No comments:

Post a Comment