Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A note on my weight

I am over weight. I have been most of my life.However, I have decided to OWN my weight. But, I don't like having to go out and buy new clothes in bigger sizes. That kind of kills me. But to OWN my weight the way I want to I must look and feel good in my clothes. And that means not wearing things that are too small and that don't flatter my body.

I listen to "The Moth" a radio show/podcast where people get up and tells true stories from their life. This one story from Jennifer Kohnhorst really spoke to me. She talked about loving your body, you are your body and when you hate your body you hate the thing that makes you you. So here I am! I'm going to love my body, everything it has done for me and I'm going to OWN it.

I went to a party with friends a few nights ago and my girl friends commented on my looks. I haven't lost any weight, I just decided to own my body and my look that night. And I'm guessing it showed. It made me feel good that people complemented me as I am.

I am going to try and respect my body more. Not fill it with junk, nor over indulge in things I know aren't good for me. But I'm not going to deprive myself of pleasures either. If I want a sweet treat, I'm going to have it and enjoy it to the fullest. I also want to be stronger. So I'm starting to pay attention to my activity level and try and increase it in fun ways with my kids. Last night I danced in my bedroom with them while they jumped on the bed. It wasn't much, but is was something and it got me over my steps goal for the day. Right now it is only at 10,000, but we will see about increasing that soon.

203 on the scale this morning.

Wednesday March 25, 2015
Oatmeal with blue berries
Bite of cinnamon roll
DC coffee with half and half
2 cup weightless tea
1 oz cheese
Apple
2 HB eggs
7 pieces pepperoni 
Goldfish crackers 
Slice Swiss cheese 
Lettuce
Turkey taco salad 
Reese's peanut butter egg

No comments:

Post a Comment