Friday, March 20, 2015

I eat a lot of cheese

I LOVE cheese! I will put it on anything. I think my love of cheese has sabotaged many a healthy eating habits I have tried to implement. The South Beach Diet says you can eat cheese, but in moderation. That is my downfall, moderation has always been a problem for me. Then I read this article and see myself all over it. "Dairy Crack"! yep, I can relate.

I know I am susceptible to addiction. That is why I've never tried cocaine. I know I struggle with my alcohol  consumption and whether it would be considered an addiction or not. I do have certain trigger foods that lead to over eating. Oreos are a big one. When my husband was out of town a week ago I bought some at the store and ate the whole package in 4 days. That's a lot of cookies. Oddly enough, I didn't find it extremely hard to quit smoking. Maybe that is because I did it for love. My husband hates smoking and smokers and when we were dating I really wanted to keep him. 

I became lactose intolerant in my early 20s. I discovered this one time when I moved to a new place for a job. I got in late and there was a Pizza Hut next to the hotel where I was staying. I ordered one of those stuffed crust pizzas and devoured most of it. I got the shits shortly after that and gut wrenching pains. I soon started to have the same reaction when I drank milk or had ice cream. That is when I cut out dairy.

As time went on I found I could eat certain cheeses. After many years, I slowly started incorporating more dairy into my diet. Ice cream started to not be a problem as did most varieties of cheese. I still can't drink milk, but I don't seem to have a problem with mozzarella anymore. So what happened? I don't know. But I do know that my cheese consumption now is what may be keeping me from dropping pounds.

I may also be perpetuating this cheese love in my kids. They ask for a snack and the first thing I offer is a cheese stick. IDK, I don't see it as bad really. I mean it isn't lased with sugar, right!? But according to that cheese addiction article I may be introducing them to an opiate.

March 20, 2015
Oatmeal with cashew milk, frozen raspberries, blue berries, banana
HB egg
DC coffee
2 cup weightless tea
Bagel chips and balsamic mayo
L/O quiche
(This is the quiche that I made last night)
L/O couscous with chicken, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Rye bread with butter
Goldfish crackers 
3 pieces of cheese
Spegetti with maranated sauce, Parmesan cheese 
Home made sausage 
4 shots alachol 
Glass of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment