Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I've joined the Fitbit cult!

My Fitbit arrived yesterday! I was really confused when I got it because it came with zero instructions. A small instruction booklet read "read these instructions" "follow these instructions" "keep these instructions" but there was no actual instruction on how to use the dam thing in the "instruction" booklet. Not even how to charge the darn thing.

But I went to the website, got the app and synced it up. Turns out you need to go online to get the instructions. I am jazzed about the calorie counting feature. I have never been able to count calories. Keeping track of what I am eating has been a challenge. But to actually figure out the calories, forget it! But the calorie counter on the Fitbit app seems easy to use. You can look up foods and log in your serving size. This is where I may find some pitfalls too. I don't measure stuff out when I eat, portion control is another one of those challenges. But I am excited to use this part of the app and I know it will help me create awareness of my eating habits. Like I intended to do with this blog.

I have an ipod touch, not a smart phone. So I am limited with the tracking abilities because the ipod touch only gets online when you are connected to WiFi. But honestly I don't think this will be a problem. I don't really want a smart phone. 

Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Oatmeal with strawberries and splash of cashew milk.
2 decaf coffee
2 weightless tea
L/O saute cabbage with shredded apple and balsamic vinegar
Veggies and hummus
Assorted nuts
Goldfish crackers 
Slice Swiss cheese
6 Saltine crackers 
Black bean chili in a small tortilla bowl
6 robin egg candies
3 shots vodka
2 glass wine


No comments:

Post a Comment