Friday, December 4, 2015

Meatless night

I have been going meatless more and more often. My kids love tofu, or "tofood" as they call it. Last night I fried up some tofu with a Tastefully Simple orange ginger saracha sauce. It was pretty good and the kids ate it up. My son is deviating more and more away from meat. He didn't eat any turkey on Thanksgiving and when I put meat on his plate he struggles to eat it. I'm not sure what that means exactly, hot dogs he will devour. I refuse to make a separate meal for him. He can eat what I make or go hungry. Does that make me a mean mommy? 

Frying up Tofu
On the side we had mashed cauliflower and broccoli. I've done this with just cauliflower before, but I thought I'd throw in some broccoli to see how it worked. A little butter, parm cheese and it worked pretty well. The kids enjoyed it, and that is usually the barometer in our house.
Mashed broccoli and cauliflower

No comments:

Post a Comment