Friday, November 6, 2015

Recovering again!

Well, as I predicted Halloween was a blow out of food, booze and smoke. 

I was totally hung over on Sunday and could barely function. Good thing I have a compassionate husband. He took care of the kids most of the day while I nursed a headache and sour stomach. I barfed and my kid ran to my husband saying..."mommy's throwing up". Yes dear mommy was throwing up. I was able to take a good nap and woke up somewhat functional.

However, come Thursday and I still felt like I was recovering. As 40 approaches I'm more and more aware that my body is less able to recover from such episodes of debauchery.  I am also aware that it is going to take a lot more than sitting on my bum and eating junk to shed these unwanted pounds.

I'm also coming to the conclusion that I'm on a slippery slope to a very unhealthy lifestyle. My guts have been twisted for a while now. I'm having a constant gnawing feeling that is on the verge of nausea. I've been eating a lot of carbs and pasta lately, buying Cheetos and other junk, there are left over Oreos in the cupboard that keep calling me, and I've been making excuses to eat fast food (i.e., Taco Bell and McDonald's). Yesterday I bought fried chicken tenders from the grocery store deli and I swore off fried chicken a long time ago, meaning this was the first time I've had fried chicken in like 10 years.

Where to go from hear. I've been thinking of an extreme solution, meaning gluten free and no carbs. I'll need to be strong and find ways to help the family cope with this decision. I am also thinking of going dairy free too. I know, the no cheese thing is going to kill me and I probably don't want to start that until after the "Wine and Cheese" tasting event at our Arts Center.

Let's see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment